• TIPLINE:(253) 218-0621 | tipline@mtga.us

Frequently Asked Questions

Tribal gaming is heavily regulated, much more than Las Vegas. In Nevada, the Nevada Gaming Control Board regulates all gaming within the State.

Here at Muckleshoot, there are three tiers of regulation. They are:
Federal   The National Indian Gaming Commission.
State       The Washington State Gambling Commission.
Tribal      The Muckleshoot Gaming Commission and the Muckleshoot Tribal Gaming Agency.

If you are given a 1-day, 30-day, 1 year, 3 year or 5 year barring, you must wait until the barring expires before you return to the Casino or Bingo Hall. These barrings are not subject to review.

If you are permanently barred, you are not allowed back in the Bingo Hall or Casino ever.

Timeline for barrings:

Depending on what you were permanently barred for, you can request reinstatement. The Muckleshoot Gaming Commission uses a four-level matrix of crimes and violations to decide when to approve a reinstatement request.

Level 1     Must wait 1 year from the date of barring to request reinstatement.
Level 2     Must wait 3 years from the date of barring to request reinstatement.
Level 3     Must wait 5 years from the date of barring to request reinstatement.
Level 4     Reinstatement requests may be reviewed after 7 years from the date of incident.

Who to Contact:

Tribal Gaming Agency Steven Yanish  |  Executive Assistant  |  (253) 218-0600  |  steven.yanish@mtga.us

Guests who choose to self-bar themselves must understand that the barring is permanent and are not eligible for reinstatement ever.

For security purposes, guests who want to self-bar must make their intentions known in person at the Security Podium only. We will not accept self-bar requests through the mail.

If you think you have a gambling problem, we encourage you to visit this site.

We utilize the Tribe’s HR department to post and advertise our jobs.  Any open TGA positions would be posted here.

It depends on the Tribe. Please see this web page for more information.

Please see the Casino or Bingo Hall for more information.

If you have a complaint, please email: tipline@mtga.us.   You must file a complaint within 30 days of the incident for it to be reviewed by TGA and/or the Gaming Commission.  Or you may also contact the Washington State Gambling Commission Tribal Gaming Unit to file your complaint.

Whether a person voluntarily leaves their position or involuntarily loses their position within the Casino or Bingo Hall, that person must wait 60 days before they can re-enter either facility.

* Failure to do so will result in a charge of Criminal Trespass.

If you retired from the Casino or Bingo Hall AND you are over the age of 55, there is no waiting period and you may re-enter either facility the next day.  If you are under the age of 55, you must wait 60 days.